WA has received notification from Surrey County Council (SCC) that they are launching a consultation on possible changes to community recycling centres (CRCs).
The following changes are proposed:
- Permanent closure of four smaller CRCs – Bagshot, Cranleigh, Dorking and Warlingham
- Ending the free daily allowance of non-household waste
- Closing CRCs on two weekdays so all sites are open for five days a week
- Restricting users of vans, trailers and pick-ups to larger CRCs only
- Ensuring CRCs in Camberley and Farnham are only used by Surrey residents
For more information, please visit the consultation webpage at www.surreycc.gov.uk/recyclingcentres. The questionnaire will be live from Friday 23 June.
Hard copies will also be available at CRCs and by calling 03456 009 009 or texting 07860 053 456.
The consultation closes on Monday 7 August. SCC is encouraging consultation returns to be made via the above webpage where at all possible for ease of processing.
The consultation responses will be used to inform the final plans which will be agreed by SCC’s cabinet this autumn.